I got a call from my OB's office today with my blood test results. The first was good news. I passed my 1 hour Gestational Diabetes test. Yay! The 2nd wasn't so good, I am low in Iron. I need to start taking a supplement to get my levels up. Not too bad, except that iron supplements are hard on the tummy and lead to constipation... such fun.
Hi, I am always low in iron... I tolerate it well. If you take it with OJ on an empty stomach you absorb more than if you take it with food. If you take it with anything that has calcium in it, you won't absorb the iron.
ReplyDeleteYou might want to add some fibre to offset any effects... just in case! Will your Dr. let you take psyllium?
yea on glucose! i tested low on iron, also. actually i still take my iron pills. not sure why?! glad you are doing well. i think you're going to make it far!
ReplyDeleteSince your sugars are good, what about trying Blackstrap Molasses? Easier on the pooper.
ReplyDeleteThe same thing happened to me. I took a Rx called Ferralet and didn't have any issues after that. Congrats on passing the glucose test on the first shot!
ReplyDeleteI had to take 3 iron pills a day with my pregnancy to keep my iron high with the twins. I took slow fe....it worked, but made me horribly constipated....drink lots of juice to help rememdy that!
ReplyDelete