When I miscarried my first pregnancy I joined an online message board where I met a group of great women going through the same thing. Since that time, we have continued to write to each other and offer support with TTC, pregnancy, further losses, relationships, families, divorces, births, newborns, child care and day to day life. They are a wonderful woman and I feel very fortunate to have made their friendships. I am also amazed some days how close I feel to some of these people who I have yet to meet in person.
Today in the mail I received a box from Colorado. It contained a Jolly Jumper and a bag full of onesies. It was sent from one of the women from my board. I was happy to get these well needed items, but was also so touched that someone who only knows me on the computer cared enough to send them to me.
Thanks Josephine!
Our online forum is so special! Isn't it amazing how close we are though we have never met? I always heard stories like this and thought they sounded far fetched. I love that the Jumper is now in Canada about to be used by super special twins!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteawh! how wonderful! i remember getting a puzzle game book from jamie when i was on bedrest, and it touched me so. the board is great! we're all so excited for you. as miserable as bedrest is and makes your mind go insane, it's a moment in time i look back on with happiness. it's a stepping stone along the fun journey to come!! enjoy your goodies!
ReplyDeleteChris laughs at how I talk about all of you, even though we have never met. He has commented on the fact that most of you know more intimate details about me than some of my friends -- it's because we went through such an emotional situation together, it's made our friendships very powerful and so meaninful, even without meeting. I don't know how I would have gotten through the last 2.5 years without all of you -- from our loss, to my terrifying pregnancy, to questions about raising Owen -- all of it. Thank you all! Nella -- I have some things that I am collecting to send to you at some point but I wanted to see what you end up getting for your showers before sending anything. I don't want you to end up with things you don't need - you won't have room or time for that! my friend is selling her slightly used jumper for only $10 - but I am not sure you would need 2? if you think you do, let me know.
ReplyDelete