Saturday, May 23, 2009

29 weeks pregnant

Here is some of what my weekly e-mail had to say:

Your baby's head is getting bigger and his brain is developing billions of neurons (important for later learning) at an amazing rate. His nutritional needs are growing too. To meet his body's demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamin C, folic acid and iron. His bones in particular are soaking up lots of calcium right now, so drink your milk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had an OB appointment this week. It went well. She seemed very excited that I was still pregnant and had made it past my first goal of 28 weeks. I asked what my next goal is and she said to make it to 32 weeks. At 32 weeks the risks of developmental issues go way down. Three weeks to go....
I had gained a few pounds. I think I am now up 25 pounds from my starting weight. With twins they suggest between 30-50 pounds, so I should end up gaining somewhere in that range.
They tested my urine for sugars and proteins and those tests were negative. My blood pressure was slightly up, but it was a really hot day. She wasn't worried about it.

Next Friday we have our 30 week ultrasound. I can't wait. This ultrasound they will be doing the full measurements on the babies and will be able to tell us weights etc. It will be nice to see how much they have grown in a month.

Things are progressing slowly on the nursery. The room is almost cleaned out. It needs to be washed down, taped, primed and painted. It is hard having to wait for other people to have time to do these things. (The fun of bed rest...) We have the paint color all picked out now. I love it . It is a Robin's egg blue. I can't wait to have everything set up and ready for the babies, I will feel so much more relaxed.

1 comment:

  1. Good job Nella!!! You are going to make it all the way!! Wouldn't it be funny if after all of the worry you actually go overdue??? xoxoxo

    -Sharon

    ReplyDelete