Here is part of what my weekly e-mail update had to say:
You're in the home stretch — two trimesters down, one more to go. Your baby is growing steadily as he prepares for delivery day. He will gain weight rapidly over the next weeks and, as the size of your belly increases, you may feel more breathless and tired. Your baby's acting more like a newborn now, too. He opens and closes his eyes, sleeps and wakes at regular intervals, and may suck a finger or thumb. He may also be hiccupping a lot this week, which explains that odd rhythmic sensation you've probably been feeling.
I didn't have any Drs appointments or ultrasounds this week (it feels strange) so don't have any updates there. All in all I am feeling okay most of the time. I still occasionally get weird heartbeats (faster or louder than normal), but just try to igore them as all the Drs I have asked about it assure me it is normal in a twin pregnancy. The belly is feeling huge (I am sure if I make it another 10 weeks I will look back at that comment and laugh). Occasionally I feel the babies move into weird positions and it can be quite uncomfortable. I think they are changing position quite often because I feel kicks in all sorts of different areas. I am sure they will soon get too big and start running out of room to flip around so much.
There was an inservice day at school yesterday, so I went in over the lunch break for a baby shower. There are 4 of us who have had babies this year or who are pregnant. The shower was for all 4 of us (5 babies). It is really sweet of the people at my school to arrange these showers for pregnant staff members. Our school has been doing a great job of making sure that we all keep our teaching jobs in the future by upping the population. I think in the last 5 years I have given at least 12 shower gifts at school. It was nice that it was finally my turn. I received lots of gifts, from the staff as a whole and from individual people. Lots of blankets, burp cloths, toys, a few onesies and sleepers in each size, a couple of books, facecloths, wipes, baby powder and oil, some clothes, a pair of shoes, photo albums, gift cards,etc. It was especially nice to see everyone at school. And I really liked the yummy cake....
No comments:
Post a Comment