Friday, May 29, 2009

6 pounds of babies!

I had my 30 week ultrasound today. It went really well even after the nightmare I had last night. I woke up so scared to go to the hospital.

First, my cervix... Today was my last date with the "dildo cam" as friends of mine call the vaginal ultrasound. Yay! My cervix once again showed no change and was measuring 2 cm. The Dr. said from now on there is no need to worry about measuring it any more. Good news!

They did lots of measurements/tests on the babies this week. All is looking good. They have both grown about a pound this month. Baby A(boy) was 1 lb 15 ounces at 26 weeks and is now 2 lbs 15 ounces (1 ounce away from 3 pounds). Baby B was 2 lbs even at 26 weeks and is now 3 lbs 1 ounce. Their growth was slower this month than last (normal for twins) and both are close to the 30th percentile (for singletons). The Dr also tested the blood flow from the placentas and both placentas seem to be working well. I need to keep eating and gaining to keep up with their demands, which is getting harder to do as I watch the scales going up and feel the maternity clothes getting snugger. Also I am running out of room for my stomach as Baby B's head is right against it. Chances are they will be little babies, but the plumper I can get them the better. The Drs also commented on how active my babies are, they never seem to stop moving in there. They are still in the same position they have been in all month. Heads together on my left side. A is breech and B is transverse. I really hope that they decide to flip over at some point or I will be having a C section for sure. The Drs assure me there is still plenty of time for that to happen.

I go back in another 2 weeks (Friday June 12th) for an ultrasound.

3 comments:

  1. Yea!! So glad youa re doing good!! It's cute that they have heads together.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic news! I've always had such a great feeling about you for this pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As the grandma I couldn't b prouder. Keep up the great job and don't forget to read them a story eery day. Bet you didn't know that was why you are such an avid reader!
    My love to all four of you. And cats and horses too.

    ReplyDelete