Friday, April 24, 2009

24 1/2 week ultrasound

I had another ultrasound on Wednesday. There hadn't really been any changes to my cervix. The Dr. (a different one) measured my cervix at 1.6. When I asked her if I should be worried since the last Dr. had measured it at 1.8 she said that the .2 cm difference was probably just a difference in the Dr. She looked at the old ultrasound and said she didn't see any real changes. So that is good news. The cerclage (stitch) is still doing its job. Kind of scary to know that the babies are literally being kept in by a thread though...

We still need to decide when to do the steroid shots. We decided to wait at least another week (next ultrasound is May 1st) to decide if we will do it that day, or wait a little longer. Ideally we would be able to put it off until after 28 weeks, but there are risks to doing that if I go into labour earlier.

They didn't do measurements on the babies this time. They did check their hearts, kidneys, etc. and the amniotic fluids. All looked well.

No comments:

Post a Comment