Thursday I got to leave the house for the first time in a week and a half. I went to my OB appointment. It all went well. I had my pee checked for sugars and proteins and the tests were negative, my blood pressure was in its normal range, and I had gained some weight. I am now up 9 pounds from my start weight, but when you consider that from my start weight I lost 5 pounds in the first trimester, I have actually gained about 14 pounds in the last 5-6 weeks. Hopefully that slows down a tiny bit. I am happy with a pound or 2 a week, but not more. I hadn't heard anything about my GD test (they had said they would call if there was any issues), but the results had come back normal. I have a family history of Diabetes, so it is a relief not to be showing any signs of Gestational Diabetes. I will possibly do the test again in a couple of months to make sure there are no changes. We listened to the heartbeats on the doppler, and all sounded well with the babies being very active.
Friday I got to leave the house again (exciting end to the week!) for my ultrasound appointment. The Dr. (Maternal Fetal Specialist) doing the ultrasound was really nice. He was the Dr. who had delivered my friends twins a few months ago. He really took his time and checked and rechecked all his measurements. We were in there for at least an hour and a half. He confirmed that Baby A is a BOY and this time Baby B cooperated, spreading those little legs apart and there were 3 little lines and Baby B is a GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!! So we are having one of each. And for those of you wondering, yes we have picked out names, but since nothing else will be a suprise at the end of this pregnancy, we have decided to keep the names a secret until they arrive. Sorry :)
He checked all the organs, the chambers of the heart, the nuchal fold, the limbs etc. and everything checked out fine. Phewww... The babies are both over a pound now (1 pound 2 ounces for both of them) and are 22-23 cm long. He said they are a great size for their age, right within the normal range. I got a cute profile shot of both of them. (If you want to see it you will have to come visit as my scanner isn't hooked up). I have to say I have cute kids already...
Next came the scary part, the trans vaginal ultrasound to check on my cervix and the stitch. It was good news. There was no change in the last 2 weeks. I am still at 1.8 cm and the stitch is still in place. They told me to stay on bed rest for the next month and to come back for another ultrasound check on May 1st. I asked about attending the pre natal classes that I am scheduled to start next week. He told me not to bother as I will be "reading from a different book".
Aww, you're not gonna share names? shucks, darn! Oh well...glad to hear mom and babies are doing well. I'm sorry about the prenatal classes :( ((HUGS))....I can't make it to NS but would love to see the pic of your cute kids!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you checked out well and I am very happy you are having one of each! Nice job growing those babies. <3
ReplyDeleteJosephine
Nella - Congrats on a great appointment and on having a boy and a girl! I was always really happy that I had one of each (though not twins). It certainly makes for different experiences with them both. I'm so happy for you that everything seems to be going well at this point. Hang in there kiddo!
ReplyDeleteAWESOME NELLA! 2 little blessings- one of each- how perfect and all is well. You are hanging in there beautifully. DYING To hear the names!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Nella! SOOOO exciting to have one of each! I am just so happy for you. You have waited so long and gone through so much and I am so happy that your dreams are coming true. Awesome that your cervix is the same - hang in there, I know how tough bed rest is and I hope it goes quickly for you -- but bake those babies as long as you can! LOVE that you aren't giving the names -- you are right, there needs to be some element of surprise! because of bedrest, we did the birthing classes at home - on DVD, your dr said you will be playing by a different book but the DVD classes did give some helpful information that you might find useful as far as just what to expect. I have the DVD for breastfeeding too -- if you would like to borrow them, I could send them to you? really -- I would love to do that so that you have them while on bedrest - just let me know. Trista
ReplyDelete