"There's the whole guilt layer of hating a pregnancy symptom after you've fought through infertility to get where you are."
I had a bit of an emotional breakdown last night. I was exhausted and cranky, feeling nauseous and gagging, I was hungry but couldn't think of anything I felt like eating, I had to pee for the 95th time that day and was constipated. I just started bawling. Then because I was bawling about PREGNANCY symptoms I felt guilty and that made me bawl even more. Hormones going crazy?
Today, after taking 2 naps already before noon, I was reading through some blogs online. I came across a comment on one of the blogs (quoted above) that made me realise that what I am feeling, has been felt by others before me. I am normal. Just knowing that someone had felt the same way I felt made me feel much better. Yes I can be incredibly happy to be pregnant and love this little growing bean with all my heart, but still hate the symptoms it is causing me.
You are definitely allowed to feel that way. It's what makes you human! Aside from all the hormones flowing through your body, and the fact that you're exhausted, stressed out, and feeling ill all the time, you're also totally normal! Give it a few more weeks and things will settle down. ((HUGS))
ReplyDeleteOh Nella, For sure you are allowed to hate those symptoms. No matter how much one has been through to conceive, NO ONE enjoys being sick. I'm really glad you are taking it easy! You completely deserve to relax through this pregnancy. Yay to those banked sick days!
ReplyDelete