Friday, January 30, 2009

Suprise!

Big News! We are expecting twins!

We had our 13 week ultrasound yesterday, to check development and to take measurements. This was our 3rd ultrasound. In the first ultrasound (transvaginal at 6 weeks 4 days) we saw one sack, one baby, one heartbeat. At the 2nd ultrasound (abdominal at 8 weeks 3 days) we saw one sack, one baby, one heartbeat. When 2 babies appeared on the screen yesterday it was a bit of a shock.

In October, before I was pregnant, I had a dream that I was a mother of twins. It was a very vivid dream. As we were going through our fertility treatment I tried doing visualisations each step of the way. Healthy egg growing, sperm meeting egg, cells dividing, baby implanting etc. I also tried visualising myself with my baby. As hard as I tried, when I saw these images I always saw 2. I told some of my friends this, and like me they were suprised when I had my first ultrasound and we only saw one. I was disapointed for a second there was only 1, but quickly changed my way of thinking and accepted that that was the way it was going to be. After all 1 is much easier than 2...

Well yesterday when we discovered it was 2, it seemed to make sense. It feels "right". I know that sounds kind of crazy.

So I am happy to report both Baby A and Baby B seem to be healthy. They have strong heartbeats, all their organs are where they are supposed to be, There are 4 legs and 4 arms between them. Both babies were wiggling around like crazy and Baby B even looked like he was waving at us. A is below, and was the baby we saw on the first ultrasound. Baby A still seems to be trying to hide out a little in my pelvis, doing head stands on my bladder. Baby B is on top, and would be the one we saw at the 2nd ultrasound. He is up closer to my belly button.

9 comments:

  1. Congrats again. I always knew when I was having Twins. I thought for sure I would this time too. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. I just knew you were supposed to have twins!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny that in your previous ultrasounds you saw each baby seperately. I am so excited for you and your husband. I cannot imagine the immense joy you have knowing you are carrying not only one, but two babies! What a Blessing! Now I'm wondering if you have any feelings or had any visualizations as to what the sex of each baby will be??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Do you know if they are fraternal or identical? That is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited for you!!!! Congrats!!!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting Nella! I think we all knew you would be having twins! You will be wonderful with them. I can't wait to hear more details as time goes on (and find out if they are boys or girls, or one of each). I am glad that you are starting to feel a bit better too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. he??? premonition of boy? i think boy and girl. hopefully you will find out early like stephanie. so so excited for you nella!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Nella, you so deserve this and so glad your 'dream' came to reality!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nella- Congrats to you! Wishing you a healthy rest of the pregnancy! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete