Tuesday, March 10, 2009

GD test

Yesterday I got to drink the drink. I went in for my first Gestational Diabetes test this pregnancy. I have been tested before and always had good results, so I am not too worried. The risk for GD with twins is way higher though, so they want to test once this trimester and once in the 3rd trimester. They make you drink this orange flavoured drink (kind of like extra sweet orange crush). I loved crush as a kid, so I didn't find it too bad. There was another pregnant woman doing the test at the same time and she had a hard time getting the drink down and it made her feel sick. I just pretty much downed it and I didn't notice any effects from it at all. After drinking the drink I had to wait for 1 hour before getting my blood taken. I really hope I pass this test so I don't have to go on to do the longer 3 hour test.

I also had an acupuncture appointment yesterday with Matthew. I hadn't been for 6 weeks, so he didn't know about the twins yet. He was pretty excited. The appointment went well. It was relaxing as usual. Mostly just needles in my lower legs and one in my elbow. None of them hurt this time. I will go again in another 6 weeks. I kind of miss my every 2 weeks appointments that I had when TTC. I really don't need to go that often now though.

No comments:

Post a Comment