I am starting to look like I have been the victim of domestic abuse. I get a Heprin (blood thinner) shot 3 tmes a day (8, 4 and midnight). I have developed colorful bruises from the injection sites (thigh and both upper arms). I guess it is better than developping a blood clot from not moving around very much, one of the risks of pregnancy and bed rest.
It is Sunday afternoon and things still seem to be going well. I am feeling better and am getting to be less sore. Heard the heartbeats again today. 140 and 160 again. Both babies sound good and are very active in there. There is an old wives tale that a higher heartbeat means a girl. I asked one of the nurses about that earlier in the week, and she said it didn't mean anything. The nurse today mentioned that perhaps with the consistenly higher heartbeat Baby B is a girl. So who knows perhaps the wives tale is true? I guess there is a 50/50 chance either way!
I have another ultrasound (probably tom.). I am looking forward to seeing the babies again, but am nervous to see what the surgery accomplished. Wish us all luck and pray for us if that is your thing.
Praying isn't my thing, but you will be in my thoughts tonight and tomorrow. Sending some positive vibes your way.
ReplyDelete