This hasn't been the best week for me health wise. I have had a cold for the last week and a half, earlier this week I started feeling pains in my head, I have a mild ear infection according to the Dr. We are trying to treat it with nasal spray and hot water bottles. So far it seems to have gotten better, but is still hanging around. I also have the fun stuffy nose and coughing that goes with a cold, and can take nothing for it.
I also have had carpel tunnel flareups in my wrists. When this gets bad it makes my fingers go numb and hurts from my hands to my shoulders. I have been wearing wrists supports, which help a little. Apparently it is the hormones and the extra blood flow during pregnancy that is causing these flareups.
Add these things to gas, having to pee every hour, bloating, intestinal issues, occasional bouts of nausea and gagging, headaches, nosebleeds and general grouchiness. I feel guilty not being the blissfully happy pregnant woman I wanted to be after all our struggles to getto this point, but I am more often feeling like crap than glowing...
Here is what my weekly update says:
Your baby is twice as big as he was last month, but he still weighs only about 225 grams and is approximately 6 inches/ 14.2 centimetres long from crown to rump. Meanwhile, most of the weight you've gained is from amniotic fluid, placenta and water retention. Although things may seem calm on the surface, your little one is kicking, flexing, reaching, rolling, and even sucking his thumb now. If you haven't felt him move yet, you will in the next few weeks. His hearing is now functioning and he will be listening to your heartbeat.
Some cool twin facts:
The natural incidence of twins is one in eighty-nine births.
About two thirds of all twins are fraternal. Half of these pairs are boy/girl; one fourth are girl/girl; and one fourth are boy/boy.
So according to these facts, I have a much higher chance of having boy/girl twins... I can't wait to find out! I am counting down to the ultrasond on the 16th...9 more days.
4 days until your uldtrasound! YAY! I'm excited for you! Can't wait to find out. :)
ReplyDelete