Saturday, February 7, 2009

14 weeks pregnant

Every book, website etc. differs between when 1st trimester ends and the 2nd trimester starts. At 14 weeks all of them agree that I have started the 2nd trimester. Yipee!
I read on my update today that the babies are around 9 cm, are growing hair and are able to suck their thumbs. Kind of cool to imagine them in there exploring their own little hands.
The 24 hour a day nausea seems to have left this week. I still puke once or twice a day, but in between getting sick I feel fine. It is a nice change. I will be even more happy once the puking stops. I still seem to be losing weight instead of gaining. My belly is getting rounder and harder though. I ordered my first couple of pairs of maternity pants on line. They should be arriving next week. Even though my pants still do up fine (thanks to the puking induced weight loss) they feel less comfortable on my stomach. I am sure a little elastic in the waist will feel good.
I have been having pains between my hips and my uterus ( I read they are called round ligament pains), apparently they are normal. By 4 months (2 weeks away) my uterus with twins is supposed to be the same size as a uterus with a singleton pregnancy at 6 months. Scary!
We have been discussing names and seem to have decided on 1 boy and 1 girl name so far. (now we just need to think of a 2nd one of each in case we have girl/girl twins or boy/boy twins.) I don't think we are going to share our name choices until after the babies are born. Everyone likes to give opinions on names and I want it to be our decision, not influenced by other people.
I have another Drs appointment this Thursday. I am looking forward to hopefully hearing the heartbeats on the doppler.

2 comments:

  1. Happy 2nd tri!! Cool maternity pants...you know what that means right? you owe us a belly pic!! Gotta see 2nd tri with twins, come on!! I still can't get over how excited I am for you!

    ReplyDelete