Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Off work
My nausea/puking is 95% gone, I am also starting to have way more energy (just as I am stopping work). It feels good to feel good again. I went into work yesterday for a few hours to plan for a sub this week, and to meet the guy hired to take over for me next week and show him around. After 4 hours of photocopying , stairs, sitting, etc. I was feeling sore and crampy though. Made me sure I (well my Dr) had made the right decision to stop working. The cramps went away quickly once I was home and in bed for a few hours, but I still don't like having them. I am relieved that my replacement seems very nice and capable. I told some of my students I was going to be leaving (and that I was pregnant with twins) and had some very touching conversations with a few of them. It makes you realise how important you are as a teacher in some of their lives, when you are suddenly leaving their lives. I don't regret the reasons why I am leaving, but I will miss seeing my students a lot. I will also miss seeing my friends on staff every day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment