Tuesday, March 9, 2010

8 month Drs appointment


Anna and Alex had their 8 month appointment yesterday. All is well. Alex is over 16 pounds now and Anna is over 17, this puts them over the 10th percentile line on the growth chart for the first time. My peanuts are less peanuty now! They are also just below the 25th percentile line as far as height goes. The Dr poked and proded them all over and did a few exercises to test for muscle strenth etc. He commented that Anna had "phenomenal tone".


Mangos were a big hit today with both of them. We now have another tasty fruit to add into their regular menu. Avocados weren't a hit the first time we tried them, a month or so ago. I revisited them today and Anna had changed her mind. I mixed them with a little rice cereal and she thought they were great. She ate 1/4 of an avocado right down. Alex... still not a fan. It is really the only thing so far he really dislikes. I put some in his mouth, he gums it around and a few seconds later it is all on his chin. I scooped that up, stuck it back in to his little, open, ever hopeful, mouth, and repeat of the same story. After a few minutes of this he got less hopeful, stopped opening his mouth and looked at me with horror as the spoon of green goo approached him. That is when I decided to give up and he had a nice meal of applesauce instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment