
I had a Drs appointment on Thursday. It went okay. I know that the risks in a twin pregnancy are way higher than a singleton pregnancy, but it is still scary to hear it come out of your Drs mouth. She wrote me a note to stop working for the rest of this pregnancy. I am sad to stop working, I love my job, but I know it is for the best. Nothing is really wrong right now, the stopping work is more a preventative thing. I am overweight and that combined with the extra weight of 2 babies can put a lot of pressure on the cervix. I need to lay down as much as possible to save wear and tear on my cervix. I also have a history of high blood pressure. I take readings at home and it is always fine, but at my appointments, after a long day at work, it is often higher than it should be. The Dr said No exercise, No cleaning, No standing for long periods, No stress. I am not on bed rest yet, but she did mention that it is likely I will be before the end of the pregnancy.
I have started feeling "quickening" more often now. I have no idea which baby it is moving in there, but it feels kind of cool. I can't wait until I can feel actual kicks and punches. Even better will be when I (and other people) can feel them from the outside.
I have an ultrasound in a month (March 16th) and I can't wait to see the babies again. I find myself focusing on all the things that can go wrong instead of being positive and enjoying this pregnancy. Seeing the babies a few weeks ago, and hearing that everything looked perfect made me feel so much better for a few days. After the ultrasound in March I will get to see them more often on ultrasound. I am looking forward to that.
I think I need to stop watching TV. My favorite soap, Coronation Street, has the loss of a pregnancy at 30 week as its main story line this week. I just have to keep reminding myself over and over again that it isn't real. Also I watched Grey's Anatomy and Private Practive and one of the story lines involved a pregnant Mom, who almost lost her baby. Another story line involved a Mom who was freaking out with Post Partum Depression. Too many things on TV can make me worry. I know things can go wrong, but I have this desire to live in a bit of a bubble for now. I just can't handle hearing about bad things without letting them worry me.
enjoy this time! i painted some canvases, while on bedrest, for clay's room. there are lots of things to do to stay busy and have your DH wait on you. it will be the only time you can be really waited on. are you finding out gender soon? i hope! i'm so happy you are moving right along! yippppeeee!!! oh, remember how neurotic i got? it happens, but try to keep the 'bubble' mentality going.
ReplyDeleteI will certainly miss seeing you every day! Take good care of yourself and those precious babes. Let me know if you're getting shack whacky and need some distractions - I'm sure I can send some marking your way ;)
ReplyDeleteLive in your bubble b/c every will want to see and hear from you when the babies arrive...and there will be no more bubble...it's ok to be in a bubble though honey, it's your time in the sun!!
ReplyDelete