Monday, September 12, 2011

38 weeks

I haven't updated about this pregnancy in a while. I feel guilty about that when i look back and see the weekly updates I did while pregnant with the twins. Lets just say with two year old twins running around, and not on bedrest I have a LOT less computer time.

I am 38 weeks today! After having an incompetent cervix last time, I think everyone, myself included, figured I would have delivered already or at least be on bed rest by this time. Nope! I am doing great.

We found out at 36 weeks that we aren't having a little girl like the Dr. had told us at 20 weeks. Nope this baby is all boy. He showed off his parts very clearly. At first I was quite upset with this news, not so much because I cared wether I was having a girl or a boy, but because I had spent 4 months thinking, planning and dreaming about another little girl. After a week or 2 of getting used to the idea (including a fun shopping spree for boys clothes), I am more used to the idea. I am so glad I found out before he arrived though, as the shock of finding out at the hospital would have been crazy. Especially since I had already packed my hospital bag full of pink.

My blood pressure continues to be a worry. Much less of a worry than we thought it would be at 18 weeks though. I occasionally will have a higher than desired reading, but for the most part it is staying down in the normal range. As the end of the pregnancy approaches my fingers are crossed it stays steady, so I can let this baby bake as long as he wants to.

Because Anna and Alex were both breech last pregnancy, I had to have a C section. This boy got head down around 32 weeks and has been that way every ultrasound since then. This gives me a good chance of being able to have a VBAC, or to push this baby out, as my OB says. Due to my previous C section I can't be induced though, so we have to wait for him to want to come on his own. As long as my BP stays okay that isn't a problem, but my OB is worried that it will start to rise as we get to the end, or that my placenta/fluids will decline because of my BP. Fingers crossed I go into labour before my OB wants to do a repeat C section. I am enjoying being pregnant right now, am not even that uncomfortable and wouldn't be in a hurry for him to arrive, EXCEPT for the worry that if he doesn't come in the next week or so it will be surgery for me. Cross your fingers, pray, send positive vibes, whatever...

I love feeling this little dude move. He tends to have a real sleep/ active cycle. It is either go go go with lots of kicks, or very little movement. His kicks are getting much stronger. I love sitting looking down at my belly dancing away. I was resting a cup of tea on my belly the other day and he kicked so hard the cup bounced and spilled some tea. As excited as I am to meet him, I will miss being pregnant for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment