Saturday, April 30, 2011
Trip to the hospital
I am home again. Went for my OB visit on Thursday and had my BP checked with the cranky nurse (who has gotten really high BP readings for me before when pregnant with the twins), it was really high. Then my OB went to do the doppler and couldn't find the heart beat (she said she thought that she could hear the baby moving, but basically gave up on finding the heartbeat) Well that freaked me right out. So because of those two things, and the state I was in, she decided I should go to the hospital to be checked out/monitored for 24 hours. Because I was now an "inpatient" I got to jump the line and have an immediate ultrasound (all was fine. Baby was just super active, refusing to stay still for more than a few seconds which is why it was hard to doppler the heartbeat.) Got to hear a nice heartbeat and see baby moving, so felt better after that. They kept checking my BP during my stay and never once did it go super high again like in her office. It is up a bit, but nothing to be super concerned about. So there are 2 scenarios. 1) The nurse/equipment at the OB's office sucks and it was a false reading 2) After driving, waiting in the waiting room, seeing the cranky nurse, etc. I was worked up and that shot my BP up , which means that at other times when I am stressed I am probably having really high BP moments as well although that is the only place I have ever had such a scary high reading. So if it is #1 or #2 we really don't know. My OB wants to err on the side of caution and for me to take life super easy at home right now. I am not on strict bed rest, just bedrest when ever possible/limited activities. Pretty scary that at 18-19 weeks I am already having BP issues though. I really hope that I can find help so that I have less to do, and that I can keep myself from being so stressed. With Ian being away, kids sick with colds, renovations, pregnancy, Ian being super worked up/busy at work I have been finding it hard to relax and get good night sleeps etc. I also very rarely have any time away from the kids, if any. Being in the hospital for 24 hours I realized I need to take more time for me, to just relax and to not constantly be on the alert of what the kids are up to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My BP went up with Olivia when I went to the doctor..I hated going there so much and had to wait sooooo long that by the time I did I was thoroughly annoyed. When then sent me to the hospital it was always normal to low.. Hope you are doing well.. miss you guys..
ReplyDelete