Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Year and Half

Happy 1/2 birthday to Anna and Alex today. They are 18 months now, only 6 months before we hit the "terrible twos :)
It is hard to believe that my little 3lb12 oz and 4 lb 1 oz babies are now well over 20 lb toddlers. (Alex, who is lighter than Anna, was 22 lbs a month or 2 ago when he went to the Dr.) They are growing up and turning into little people so fast.
I haven't updated for a while, but there hasn't been too many changes. Alex has all his teeth (16, he still has his 2 year old molars to get) Anna has 12 teeth. We are still waiting for her 4 canine teeth to break through, and of course her 2 year old molars as well. Both are walking, running, climbing, jumping, rocking, dancing, hopping and falling like crazy. They are very active kids (compared to the 4 or 5 other kids of the same age I know well) and are always into stuff. I tell myself that their curiosity about the things around them means they are intelligent, not that they are out of control... I hope I am right:)
Both are making all kinds of new sounds and are trying to use words to communicate. Alex has more words that we understand than Anna. Some of his favorites include "tickle tickle", "all gone", "apple", "orange" and "cat". They both seem to understand a lot of the words that we say and are good at following simple directions (when it pleases them).
They really enjoyed Christmas. This year, for the first time ever, we stayed at home. It was a lovely day. Grammy Olga came to visit and to share our Christmas dinner. We spent most of the day opening up new toys and taking the time to play with everything. It was a totally relaxing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment