Anna is getting really good at standing now. She pulls up or pushes up on pretty much anything. She occasionally lets go for a minute and stands with "no hands". She also walks along the furniture with one hand holding on. She crawls up on hands and knees now, instead of pulling herself along on her belly. She is fast! She only has 2 teeth still, the two bottom ones. And boy are they sharp! She bit me the other day and I still have a tiny bruise. She continues to say Mama and Dada and has added cat to her repertoire. She loves our cats and gets so excited when she can touch them. She is eating well, although still doesn't like textured food. She likes mush or solids, not things in between, they make her gag. She eats a ton of puffs and Cherrios on her own now and is getting better at eating other chunks of food too like cheese or banana or chicken. Anna recently learned to clap, which is so cute. She is so proud of herself!
Alex made HUGE leaps this month and learned to stand. He pulls up to kneeling and to standing on all the furniture now. He still tends to get stuck once he is standing and yells to be rescued. He tends to spread his legs wide apart and to almost do the splits. We are working with him on learning to sit down on his bum from standing. So far he isn't really getting it. He hasn't tried walking yet, but I am sure that will come soon. As for teeth he is WAY ahead of his little sister. Tooth #6 just broke through. He also has a full head of hair whereas Anna only has a little fuzz so far. Such a cute blond little boy. He is learning to eat chunkier food really well and loves chewing on cheese pieces. He loves his puffs and Cherrios as well.
The past 2 weeks our whole family has had a horrible cold. Being sick yourself with sick twins is really hard. I had forgotten what sleepless nights felt like. Sleep deprivation is no fun and makes it much harder to recover yourself. We have gotten through it though and everyone seems to be feeling (and sleeping) better again.
I am excited as next weekend I actually get to celebrate Mother's Day as a Mom with kids that I get to snuggle. I have felt like a Mom since my first pregnancy (isn't a Mom someone who loves their child?) and last year, on bed rest, I certainly felt like a Mother but it isn't the same until you have someone to actually Mother.
No comments:
Post a Comment